The theatre was new in 1819, opened by a Mr Charles Stanton. The building was converted to a malthouse in 1852. The property was renovated some years ago and is now in commercial use. The adjoining building, at the junction with Welsh Walls, was originally the White Lion Hotel.
View from the north-east.
Oswestry - New Theatre, Willow Street
bvw photos ...
Encoding - Unicode UTF 8
Digital M-18/1/02 N 040318
3 March 2018
Copyright © 2011-2021 Brian Williams - All Rights Reserved