A quiet afternoon just a few yards from the Golden Horn. The central building seen here, one of a number of 17th century former mansions along this road, was, from 1686 to 1967, the residence of the representative in Constantinople of the Monastery of St Catherine at Mount Sinai. Most of the buildings on the left beyond the Metochion have been demolished, being replaced with landscaped gardens. In the far distance, a glimpse of the tower of the Church of St Stephen of the Bulgars.
View south-east along Mürselpaşa Caddesi, Balat.
bvw photos ...
Encoding - Unicode UTF 8
Metochion of Mount Sinai
B-82/3/11S N 240411 230723
Copyright © 2011-2023 Brian Williams - All Rights Reserved