The manor of Madeley, formerly in the possesion of Wenlock Priory, was aquired from the Crown in 1544 by Sir Robert Brooke. Madeley Court dates from the second half of the 16th century and incorporates fragmentary remains of an original 13th century hall.
After being derelict for many years, the building was stabilised by the Telford Development Corporation in the late 1970s. It has now been restored and flourishes as a hotel.
This is a view of the rear of the property with, on the left, a large fish pond.
View from the north-west.
Madeley Court, Telford
bvw photos ...
Encoding - Unicode UTF 8
26 January 1983
Copyright © 2011-2022 Brian Williams - All Rights Reserved