bvw photos ...
Encoding - Unicode UTF 8
Digital 14/12/14-2 060517
Wheal Prosper Mine, Rinsey
Wheal Prosper was established in 1860 on the cliff above the beach at Porthcew, mining mainly tin. The mine closed in 1866. The site was aquired by the National Trust in 1969 and the Engine House seen here was consolidated in 1970.
A short distance along the cliff to the east are the remains of the earlier Wheal Trewavas Mine.
Not far from the National Trust car park at Rinsey. View from the north.
24 December 2014
Copyright © 2011-2023 Brian Williams - All Rights Reserved