Rodney's Pillar was erected on the summit of the Breidden Hill in 1781-82 by local gentlemen to recognise the naval victories of Admiral Sir George Brydges Rodney. The structure is some 54 feet ( 6 m ) high.
Just visible is the top of the white triangulation pillar set at a height of 365 m.
View from the south-east
bvw photos ...
Encoding - Unicode UTF 8
Rodney's Pillar, The Breidden, Montgomeryshire *
24 September 2018
* Now part of the Principal Area of Powys
Copyright © 2011-2018 Brian Williams - All Rights Reserved
Canon EOS 80D