Hacıoğlu - Church > Mosque
bvw photos ...
Encoding - Unicode UTF 8
This church was built in 1850 on the edge of what was then a Pontic Greek settlement ( Tsiflik Profiti Ilia ? ), now called Hacıoğlu, set back from the coast some 10 km south-west of Sinop. After the Turkish War of Independence and the subsequent population exchange of 1923 it was converted into a mosque.
Copyright © 2011-2020 Brian Williams - All Rights Reserved