The Greek Orthodox church within this complex was built in 1831 on the site of earlier churches thought to date back to the 9th century.
Originally dedicated to St George, it was dedicated to St Nicholas in the 17th century.
On the right is a glimpse of the Theodosian Land Walls
View south-west along Sulukule Caddesi.
bvw photos ...
Encoding - Unicode UTF 8
Church of St Nicholas, Topkapı < > Aya Nikola Rum Ortodoks Kilisesi
late July 1990
Copyright © 2011-2017 Brian Williams - All Rights Reserved