This hamam, on Cami Sokağı in the neighbourhood of Küçük Ayasofya, dates from 1503. It was probably built by Hüseyin Ağa, who was Kapı Ağa or Chief of the White Eunuchs in the reign of Beyazit II and who converted the nearby church of SS Sergius and Bacchus into a mosque.
View of the north elevation from Şehit Mehmet Paşa Sokağı.
bvw photos ...
Encoding - Unicode UTF 8
3 July 1982
Copyright © 2011-2019 Brian Williams - All Rights Reserved