Built by the Dominicans in about 1325 on the site of an earlier church dedicated to St Paul, the Church of St Dominic was converted into a mosque in the later 15th century. Towards the end of that century it was given over to Moors who had migrated to Constantinople, having been driven out of Spain, hence the reference to 'Arab'.
View of the bell tower, now minaret, showing the entrance to the mosque courtyard, looking along Nafe Sokağı, Karaköy.
7 December 1986
Encoding - Unicode UTF 8
bvw photos ...
Church of SS Paul & Dominic >
Copyright © 2011-2019 Brian Williams - All Rights Reserved