The Great Mosque at Diyarbakır was constructed by Seljuk Sultan Malik Shah on the site of the Christian Church of St Thomas. It was completed in 1092.
Seen here is the north-facing façade of the main prayer hall, with ablution fountains in the courtyard.
View from the north-west.
Encoding - Unicode UTF 8
Diyarbakır - Ulu Cami
bvw photos ...
Copyright © 2011-2017 Brian Williams - All Rights Reserved