Dedicated to two bishops of Milan, Ambrogio and Carlo Borromeo, the church ( centre ) was rebuilt on the site of an earlier structure in the early 17th century. The dome was added in 1668. On the right is the 17th century Church of San Rocco with its 19th century façade.
On the left are part of the ruins of the Mausoleum of Augustus, built 28-23 BC.

View to the east from Via di Ripetta.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     
 
Basilica of Santi Ambrogio e Carlo al Corso
CS-99/1/19E2 N
Encoding - Unicode UTF 8
bvw photos ...
Encoding - Unicode UTF 8
Site map
271218
bvw-photos.com
Contax 139
18 November 1999
carouselcarousel
slideshowslideshow
gallery 1gallery 1








ENGLAND
- Istanbul - Ankara - Adıyaman - Diyarbakır - Mardin - Nevşehir - Sinop - Şanlıurfa - Trabzon - Automobiles
- Butana
SYRIA
- Aleppo - Ar-Raqqah
TURKEY
ITALY
- Rome
SUDAN
CHANNEL ISLES
- Jersey
- Cornwall - Northumberland - Shropshire - Miscellaneous
GREECE
- Athens
MISCELLANEOUS
-
WALES
- Miscellaneous
SCOTLAND
- Miscellaneous
Basilica of Santi Ambrogio e Carlo al Corso
San Rocco San Carlo al Corso
Copyright © 2011-2019  Brian Williams - All Rights Reserved