Lanercost, near the town of Brampton, is an Augustinian foundation of about 1169. Set in fields next to the River Irthing, it is relatively well preserved, the priory nave being still in use as the parish church.
View from the south.
* in 1974 Cumberland merged with the adjacent county of Westmoreland to form Cumbria
bvw photos ...
Encoding - Unicode UTF 8
Lanercost Priory, Cumberland *
13 August 1983
Copyright © 2011-2017 Brian Williams - All Rights Reserved