bvw photos ...
Encoding - Unicode UTF 8
Wheal Trewavas Mine
18 April 2017
Copyright © 2011-2017 Brian Williams - All Rights Reserved
The mine at Trewavas was established in 1834 in order to extract copper ore from workings which extended beneath the sea. In the foreground is the Engine House of the 'Old' Engine Shaft whist beyond is that of the 'New' Engine Shaft of 1836. The mine closed in 1846 when the workings were flooded.
The structures were aquired by the National Trust in 2008 and later consolidated.
Some 2 miles along the cliff from Porthleven, although much closer from the National Trust car park at Rinsey. View from the west.