bvw photos ...
Encoding - Unicode UTF 8
Hayle - Harvey's Foundry
Digital 16/1/15 N 130216 100317
Established by John Harvey in 1779, Harveys became the world's leading mining engine foundry by the mid-19th century. The Cornish mining industry declined throughout the later 19th century and the foundry closed in 1903. Many of the foundry buildings were demolished, although some have been renovated to house local businesses.
This structure, known as the Foundry Barn, consists of two elements. Nearest the camera the ivy-clad engine and boiler room of 1839-40 abuts an earlier building, the upper floors of which were used to store feed for the foundry's teams of horses.
Trevoarn, off Foundry Hill.
6 March 2016
Copyright © 2011-2021 Brian Williams - All Rights Reserved