bvw photos ...
Encoding - Unicode UTF 8
St Aubin's Fort ( Le Vièr Fort )
Sir Henry Cornish built a small tower on this islet in 1542 in order to defend the anchorage. A fortified wall was built around it in 1643 during the English civil War. The fort remained garrisoned until the mid-19th century, falling into disuse after the Crimean War. The site was refortified during the German Occupation of World War 2.
View from the west.
Copyright © 2011-2018 Brian Williams - All Rights Reserved